Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hello Again

I've been really sick all week. It's pretty gross. As a result I haven't been keeping up with stuff like I should. I've also been forgetting stuff a lot lately. There is just only so much that I can fit into my head before some starts falling out.

I talked to Dad's Nurse Practitioner about a week ago and she was concerned when I told her about his rapid decline. She had a few ideas about what may cause this and said she will get him scheduled for a CAT Scan soon to explore the options. He hasn't had any noticeable changes since he moved, and I'm still happy with the staff and care he's receiving.

In other news, I still haven't finished Dawson's Creek, but I'm almost there. These last two seasons are incredibly painful and I can completely understand why I stopped watching the show. I've spent the last week reading Ender's Game, which is probably only the second or third book I've read this year as embarrassing as that is. (Not counting audio books, those are much faster and require less concentration) I've had a problem for awhile now sitting still and doing just one thing, which makes reading a real book difficult. This book is came as a request to join my friend Karin in a book club. The plan is to get a group of us together and discuss the book and release it as a podcast.

In mental health news, my doctor convinced me that I really should be on some type of anti-depressant. Apparently crying at work several times a week is not ideal and I should not put myself through that. Neither is having disturbing nightmares that give you panic attacks. Huh. Who knew? So this mental patient has started taking Prozac. Why do they have to give me all the drugs that I've heard bad things about? I guess they wouldn't be popular if a lot of people hadn't used them with some success. So far the first day was the only time I had bad sad effects. It seems to be okay as long as I take it with food. I've even gone up to the real dose already and it was a smooth transition. I suppose only time will tell how this will work, but we are off to a much better start than the last one.

Couple cute kid stories to close you out.

Owen told Timothy, "You need to stop eating so many vegetables because you're taking up too much room!"

Collin was with me when I was shopping and bought deodorant for Timothy. For some reason he wanted to see what it smelled like, so he opened it up and sniffed and said, "Aargh! It smells like arm pit!"

Love those silly boys!  

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are trying out something else to help you. I hope it will help you to sleep, and concentrate, and not be depressed! It sounds like things will start going more smoothly with your dad, thank goodness.
    Collin's thoughts on deodorant reminded me of Mike and Sully in Monster's Inc when he gets out his "odorant" in "Wet Dog" and "Smelly Garbage." :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the new place for your has worked out better. Thinking of you and praying for you. Pat

    ReplyDelete