Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Flash Back to Feburary

There are a lot of things I have wanted to write about on this blog but then for whatever reason it just didn't happen. This one though, I actually uploaded pictures specifically for this post and then they wouldn't post and I got mad which apparently takes me 6 months to get over, so here we are!

Collin's school had a Valentine's Dance called the Party Hearty Dance. I never decided it the name was cute or annoying. They hyped this thing up so much at school that it was all he talked about for weeks. And oh how excited everyone was to find out that younger siblings could come too!

Finally the big night arrived and Collin suddenly decided that he and Owen should go in costume, because... why not?





I present Mario and Luigi!

They had the school divided in half with K through 2nd graders in the cafeteria and 3rd through 5th graders in the gym. Obviously no one was going to just drop off their kindergartener so the place was packed with parents and babies. I discovered that overalls come in very handy when you need to grab and steer a child through a mob.

It was like a Kidz Bop CD exploded in there. Lots of trendy pop songs with the lyrics changed to clean up as needed and all sang by kids. A few times I almost panicked because I knew the words to some of the songs and I knew when there should have been a swear coming, but then it didn't and the kids were none the wiser.







The popcorn was a big hit! Those PTA moms really know how to plan a party menu that is guaranteed to make your kids beg for money to buy snacks. I'm not really complaining. It was all very reasonably priced. We paid $6 to get in and spent probably $5 on snacks. Plus it was all going towards some kind of fundraiser for the school so I don't think you're even allowed to get mad at that.

They had a cute little set up to get pictures taken including props. So of course I had to pay another few bucks for that, but just try to tell me it wasn't worth it.




Of course my boys are the sweetest in the world so whenever I asked if they saw any girls they wanted to 'dance' with they just said they wanted to dance with me. :D So we did that a few times. It was a fun experience and I'm glad we went. I'm also glad they don't have these functions very often. :P

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute! That is actually a great idea for a fundraiser because you know the PTA didn't spend much on the snacks or decorations. Plus it's fun to get to see your kids interact with their classmates. But yes, those things should only be once or twice a year.

    ReplyDelete