Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010

On Thursday 12/23, Timothy and I took the boys down to visit with my Granny. It's a 2 hour trip to get down there so we don't make it often. I'm sure you can imagine how loud that can get when the boys are fighting or fussing. They were both really good this time. We were one able to stay for a couple of hours, but we had a nice visit. My Granny really enjoyed seeing all of us. I'm sorry that I just couldn't be bothered to take the camera out of the bag to snap any pictures of the occasion. I couldn't tell you how that happened.

For the Nowells, Christmas starts on Christmas Eve. We went over to Timothy's parent's house about 5:00 on the 24th for dinner. Timothy's brother, his wife and kids were there also. My mom-in-law is an awesome hostess! She cooks really well and their house is always decorated so nicely for the holidays. It's just a fun place to be. My sister-in-law is also an amazing cook which adds to the awesomeness.

After dinner we all hung around and visited for awhile before getting ready to go to church. Collin always loves playing with his cousins. Annie (9) is great with him and Owen. They all had a great time the whole evening. We went to church for the 8:00 service. Owen was a bit fussy because he's 2 and it was past his bedtime. He almost fell asleep on the way back to his grandparent's house after.

When we get back it's time to open presents and a grand time was had by all. The kids got into some of their new jammies and we all had snacks and desserts before heading home. It was 11:30 when we got home and this was the first year that both kids were still awake! Then the fussiness started. They didn't want to go to bed at all. We were all tried.

Side note... Since I was still up after midnight I was able to score us a Bag of Crap from Woot.com. It's a cool site if you've never been, you should check it out. Fast forward about 4 days when we received said Bag of Crap. Let's just say they weren't lying. Nothing good at all, but that's part of the fun because you never know what you're gonna get.

So the boys let us sleep until 7:30 then we got up and did presents. Our living room was a spectacular mess of toys and wrapping paper and candy. We had some home-made cinnamon rolls that my mom-in-law sent home with us the night before. Yum! We pretty much spent most of the morning putting toys together and playing with them. It was awesome. I love Christmas!

Owen took an early nap because he really didn't sleep enough the night before. We went over to my dad's house to give him his present. When we were almost there Collin starting complaining that he felt sick. Poor kid, he was exhausted. We got to my in-law's house again and Collin just put himself right to bed. We all had lunch while he slept the afternoon away. He felt much better after a couple hours and still had time to play before we went home.

Whew! I love Christmas, but it sure can wear you out. I was happy that we had a couple of days to recover before getting back to real life.

Happy Christmas from the Nowells!

No comments:

Post a Comment