Tuesday, January 18, 2011

All work and no food makes me a grumpy girl

Good day to you all! :-) Smiles and cheer! ........ ok so sometimes that fake it till you make it saying just doesn't cut it.

We have had lots and lots of overtime at work the past few weeks and there is no end in sight. I realize that what I'm pulling is nothing compared to to some people, but even staying an extra hour each night really cuts into my schedule. Not to mention the Saturdays, that's just torture. I miss picking up the boys from daycare, that is actually my favorite part of the day. I can't wait to see them and hear about their days. Sadly it's been up to Timothy to pick them up lately and often times to fix dinner as well. I'm sure he doesn't mind, but it still makes me sad when I can't be here to take care of my boys.

Also, I started a diet this week. We will see how long this lasts. I've always complained that one reason I didn't eat better is because healthy food is more expensive. While I still find that to be true, it's time to give it a shot. On Sunday and Monday I managed to keep it under 1200 calories and today I think it was closer to 1500, but still not bad. I've been measuring and counting and all that not fun stuff. Oh, and I've been hungry! For some reason I get hungry more when I'm at work than I do at home. I think this is because there is so much to do at home and I'm always moving around. At work however, I'm stuck at my desk and there are no cute little boys to distract me. :) So more time at work and less at home due to ot will be a challenge.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Sadly I have to pick them up?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad for me because I want to pick them up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet -
    Hi, it's Ross! Hope you guys are doing well - it seems that you are. :-) Just jumped over here from your mom's FB post and I was reading through some of your archives. Wanted to comment on this one, b/c I'm not sure if you're still doing the diet or not. Just wanted to put my two cents in... Just to be healthy, you should really never go under 1200 cals per day. Adults who are in comas, with zero activity, still burn an avg of 1200 cals per day, so you should really never go under that pr it could be harmful instead of helpful. Okay, I'll stop butting in and go back to lurking. You guys take care!

    ReplyDelete