Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pass the Cooties Please

We are still here! Sorry for the lack of posts recently. It was mostly due to rampant illness spreading through our home. Collin started it. :-P He had an ear infection I guess it was about 3 weeks ago now. I stayed home with him for 2 days. He wasn't too bad, but he did have a low fever the first day which meant he had to stay home a second day. (For those not aware, most day cares have a 24 hour fever-free rule before the child may return. Which I support fully.) It was a breeze staying home with him because he wasn't super sick, just sick enough to not be able to go to school. After the doctor the first day we went to Waffle House, which he loved! The second day was a lot of resting on the couch and watching tv. We watched Harry Potter and he kept repeating the lines back with a British accent. Awesome!

The next week little Owen got sick. The day care called me late in the afternoon on Monday to report his fever. Again, I'm super grateful that our doctor has an after hours clinic. Guess what he had? Yup, the dreaded ear infection. This time Timothy happily volunteered to stay home with Owen to get out of the 100 degree weather for a bit. Unfortunately, Owen had a harder time than his brother did. When he was still running a proper fever on Thursday, Timothy took him back to the doctor and got a different antibiotic. Both of the boys spent Friday with Memaw (because you can't just send one!) so Timothy could finally get back to work.

By this point I was already starting to feel sick. Only Timothy with his super immune system managed to avoid this one. I think there was one day where he 'didn't feel great' but then he was over it. Why can't I be like that? I went to get my antibiotic on Monday and honestly, I don't remember most of this week, but I managed to not miss any time from work. I probably should have stayed home those two days when I wasn't able to speak, but what are you going to do? Let's hope I didn't make any really bad decisions at work that will come back to haunt me later.

On another note, Collin has started Karate lessons. I am thrilled with his school so far. They are pretty tough and make the kids work hard. The instructor is all about "Yes, Sir" and after he comes home from a lesson he has the best manners! He calls us ma'am and sir the rest of the night. I think this is going to be a wonderful experience for him. He has even learned a few words in Korean already. It's a requirement to bow and greet the instructor in Korean before and after each lesson. I call is Karate because that's just easier, but he is really learning Tang Soo Do.

So here is the little man all dressed up. The uniform is a bit big and we have to roll up the sleeves and pants for him. If you can't tell, he wasn't very happy that I made him pose for a picture.

2 comments:

  1. Are you allowed to video him during his lesson? Because I need to see this. Glad you're all on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. I'll have to ask next time!

    ReplyDelete