Saturday, September 17, 2011

Random Thoughts From This Week

Zippers must be extremely dirty. As in the zipper on your jeans that you are wearing right now. Think about it. You pretty much have to touch it between going to the bathroom and washing your hands. And I bet when you undress at night you don't go wash right after you take off your pants and touching said contaminated zipper. That's just nasty when you think about it.

I heard this on The Nerdist podcast, but it's powerful..... Everyone says they want to build a time machine so that they can go back in time and kill Hitler as a baby before he could rise to power. But if you really did then you wouldn't be remembered as the guy/girl that killed Hitler. No, you would just be the jerk that killed a baby.

Since I have been spending 2 days a week helping a co-worker with college math and it's actually FUN for me, I probably really should go back to school. But for what? I like my current job and can't imagine what I would rather be doing. Plus who likes change anyway?

I've come to the conclusion that I have an addiction to caffeine, but I'm completely fine with that as long as it doesn't include stupid calories like Dr Pepper which makes me feel guilty. Although on the other hand I should really just get more sleep.

I act like a child at bed time and refuse to go to bed until I'm past the point of being exhausted.

I've lost some weight this year and that's awesome and all, but how can a person think it's a compliment to tell me that I need to go shopping because my clothes are all too big and it's not flattering? Rude much? Not all of us have the ability to buy a new outfit every time we feel like it.

Kindergarten is stressful. More than I know.

Facebook is not a place where you can be yourself. It's a scary place filled with family members you can't offend and games that try to suck you in. I've heard Google + is fun.....

Nerds are generally very very nice people.

God has a way of putting the right people in my path just when I need to run into them.

I really like quiet time.

2 comments:

  1. I hate going to bed too. Sleeping can seem like such a waste of time and like a child, I'm just sure I'm going to miss out on something great if I go to sleep. ;) I could relate to a few of your other thoughts as well. Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were first married I would stay up too late and fall asleep on the couch all the time. I would get mad at Chad whether he woke me up to go upstairs, or whether he left me there asleep!
    I don't know that enjoying tutoring your friend means you need to go back to school... maybe you just need to find a place to use that awesome and rare gift of being a good math tutor!
    And let me know if you get on Google+. :0)

    ReplyDelete