Sunday, November 17, 2013

Story Time

I'm up too late again. I've been sick and my sleep schedule, which was already weird, is now shot to hell. So..... story time!

About 9 years ago around Father's Day, I heard this contest on the radio as I drove to work. They wanted people to call their dad on the air and ask to borrow $100 to buy him a Father's Day gift. If the dad said yes then the caller won a prize. I didn't call in, but I knew I could have won that easily.

I called my Daddy and asked and he immediately said yes. No questions, just of course he would lend it to me. I'm pretty sure he didn't quite understand the part about buying him a gift, he just heard I needed money and wanted to help. Then I had to convince him I didn't really need the money and it was a stupid thing I'd heard on the radio. He really wanted me to have that money!

The whole conversation ended up being more trouble than it was worth. All it showed me was that my Daddy loved me so much that he would do anything he could to help me.

But I already knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment