Saturday, November 27, 2010

Just Another Day....

Today was awesome in that it was just a normal day with my great family. We went to do our shopping this morning at Wal-Mart which we do almost every Saturday to stock up for the week. When we came home Collin helped me put up our Christmas lights on the house. He really wanted to do the tree too, but I can't handle both on one day. :)

Then we had lunch... Owen said "I hundry por chi-den nuggets!" That's about all he's ever "hundry" for these days. Then while neither Timothy or I was looking something happened in the kitchen and we go in to find both boys upset and somehow Owen's chocolate milk ended up in Collin's hair and all over his face! Still don't understand that one because I know Owen wouldn't dump it on him intentionally and his shirt was hardly wet. I guess it just got away from him... it was pretty funny. Then Owen said he wasn't hungry after all and just wanted to take a nap. How awesome is it that he can recognize when he's tired and vocalize it?! So I put him to bed and put some laundry on and then I took a nap too. (yay!) Collin and Timothy watched some Star Trek and played Nintendo.

After naps Owen helped me with some laundry. I tell you, he is a pro when it comes to pushing the button to start the dryer! The boys had a great game of hide and seek even though I don't think Owen really understands the concept yet, but he knows how to count to ten and look for his brother so that's good enough for Collin. They had such a great time playing hide and seek with their cousin Annie on Thanksgiving and this is the first time I've seen them play it by themselves. We had dinner: yummy potato soup for me and Timothy and peanut butter sandwich and mac and cheese for the boys. Owen managed to spill more chocolate milk on the floor. I swear we go a week or two with no spills then they all come in one day. Oh well, I guess that's my clue that it's time to mop again.

I told Owen to get ready for his bath and the next thing I know I have 2 naked boys in the bathroom. They just love doing everything together and unless I specify they will assume that they are having a bath together. I set up my computer in Owen's room and they got their pillows and blankets/sleeping bag and watched A Land Before Time a classic from my childhood and conveniently available on Netflix instant. They loved it and loved watching a movie in Owen's room.

Then they decided to have a slumber party and just stay on the floor. When I left them Collin was reading a bedtime story to Owen. They talked a little bit but never fussed or came out of the room. When I went to check on them they were both sleeping peacefully.  It makes me so happy that they get along so well most of the time and I just hope they always keep that bond. Sweet dreams, my boys.

2 comments:

  1. As I tell Collin, he's a great big bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time you and Jeff played together. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Your friendship was one of the things that I was proudest of; and of course, something that I had so little influence on. Do you remember being sick to your tummy - laying on a towel in the bathroom you were so sick? Jeff got a blanket and put it in the hall close to you and played the cassette player (he asked you which story you wanted to hear) and he talked to you and brought you juice.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete