Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 3, 2011

My Sweet Sweet Collin turns 5 years old today! This is a big one for him and for me. This is the last birthday there is a space for in his baby book. This is the last birthday before he starts school this fall. I've been searching for days to find a song to post on here for him. I was even going to try to make one of those slide shows with pictures of him set to music. However I have come to the conclusion that there is not a song perfect enough for him. There are parts of songs that I like and make me think of him, but not a whole song. I suppose I will need to go back and work on my music career.

If you've been keeping up with this blog, or you have ever met Collin, then you already know he is a really awesome kid. He continues to amaze me every day with his creativity and imagination as well as his compassion for others and his humor. Collin has a joy in his heart that is a wonder to behold. It is really hard to get him down or hurt his feelings, unless he's tired then all bets are off. He is always willing to share what he has with others and help out when he can. He is the best big brother in the world. Even though he and Owen fight sometimes, you can tell how much Collin loves him all the time. He loves to learn and has been reading for several months now. He likes to learn about science with Daddy and watch MythBusters. He will talk you ear off about the planets and space, or tell you about Mount Fuji in Japan that hasn't erupted for 300 years.

Even though I want him to be my little boy forever, I'm excited to watch him grow up and get to be a part of his amazing journey. We named him Collin Alexander Nowell specifically so that his initials spell 'CAN' because he CAN do anything! He is a great blessing in our lives and I am so grateful for him each and every day.

Happy birthday Collin!!!

2 comments:

  1. I thought we named him Collin Alexander cuz that's the only thing we could agree on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet Collin! Happy birthday! And what a wonderful mommy you are, Janet. :-)

    ReplyDelete