Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hooper Dooper Collin

Didn't I do this last Sunday? I took a nap this afternoon and now I can't sleep. Someday I'll learn, but for now it's a good thing for you because you get a cute story.....

Yesterday, I was at Wal-Mart with the boys and we passed the toy section and Collin spotted the hula hoops. He asked for one and I thought, $8 is a lot for a hula hoop! I asked him if he even knew what is was. His answer was "A Loopty Loop!" Now that he's 5 and has been speaking quite clearly for years now, it really cracks me up when he uses silly names or he hasn't understood something correctly like that. He then informed me that he not only knew what the thing was called, but he could also show me how to do it. I was intrigued, so we picked one off the shelf and, in the middle of the aisle, he proceeded to spin that thing around his waist longer than I have ever been able to. It was probably about 8 seconds, but he didn't stop because he lost his rhythm, it was because he became self-conscience.  After all you don't get much more public than Wal-Mart. I told him how cool he was and asked him to do it again. He did a few more times and he was really good. Obviously, I paid the $8 after that.

In case you were wondering, as I know you were, if you ever have the opportunity to walk through Wal-Mart with a 5-year-old and a 2-year-old and a hula hoop.... just don't do it! I'm sure you can imagine how that went.

So here he is in action! The Amazing Collin!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! That's so awesome! And look at how he holds his lil arms! I'm calling David Letterman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call them chicken arms! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete