Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Owen Speak

Owen is now to the point that I can understand almost all of what he's trying to tell me. Not that everyone would understand so much, but since I know most of his quirks and limitations and I'm with him all the time we get along okay speech wise... normally. Every so often he will try to tell us something and we have no clue what he means, like tonight. Here is the conversation as I remember it.

Owen: Mommy, Daddy has yots of pains.
Me: Daddy has lots of what now?
Owen: Pains!
Me: um, pains?
Owen: No, not pains. I talking about PAINS!
Me: pans?
Owen: <starting to get fussy> Noooo PAINS!
Me: pants?
Owen: <screams> NOOOO!
Me: Go tell Daddy what he has lots of.
Owen: Daddy, you have yots of pains.
Timothy: paints?
Owen: <fussing> No, I talking about PAINS!
Me: I don't know what you're saying, honey.
Owen: I not talking to you ANYMORE! I just gonna go to sleep in MY bed!

I still don't know what the poor kid was trying to say......

2 comments:

  1. In his Jesus Loves Me video, it sounded like he said "por" when he said "for." Maybe Timothy has lots of fains? Pens?

    Poor baby. So misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's funny that his f's come out like p's. Especially since 'por' is Spanish for 'for' so it just sounds like he is smart.

    ReplyDelete