Thursday, April 21, 2011

Little Catch Up

This is one of those random posts. You have been warned.

We have been making an effort to cut down on the TV time at our house. The boys were on a schedule and had come to expect that they would be able to watch one of their shows about twice a day. I normally would let them watch something in the morning while we were getting ready for the day and then again at night after they had their bath. This is not really excessive, but it was to the point that they were being demanding about it. We now have no TV in the morning and hardly anything that is exclusively for them at night. We will still have the TV on some for things that we are all (or mostly all) interested in watching like the Rangers games or Mythbusters, but I feel like the TV time has been drastically cut down. The coolest part? They don't seem to mind! :-0 I was shocked! I think a major part of this development has been that Owen is getting old enough to play with Collin. They fight imaginary monsters with swords and bombs and fly like super heroes with their blankets tied around their necks like capes. They even play marbles and Candy Land when Owen feels like cooperating. Good times.

Collin is friends with several of the older boys at his day care that go to the elementary school during the day, but they can hang out before and after. Some of these older boys like to fix their hair in the mornings, so naturally Collin wants to do the same. We have hair gel, but someone needs to teach me how to use it properly! He's been asking for mohawks this week. And yes, I actually send my child to school this way:


Now I just need to convince him it would look a bit better if he would let me cut his hair. Check out those mutton chops! Goodness!

Easter is nearly here and I've had loads of fun shopping for little things to put into their baskets. Easter is almost as fun as Christmas for me. :-)  Tonight, the boys put candy in their eggs to take to school tomorrow. They will have an egg hunt and an Easter party. I hope the rain can hold off this weekend. We have a chance of rain every day from now until Tuesday, I think. Our plans include dinner with my mom and Mr. Bob on Saturday evening. Then church on Sunday with my in-laws followed by brunch at their house. I hope to be able to squeeze in time to color eggs and possibly have an egg hunt of our own at some point as well.

Guess that's all I have for now. I hope you are all well. Remember God's gift to us all this Sunday, and I hope you all have a chance to celebrate and enjoy time with your families.

1 comment:

  1. I have been through the same thing with my stepson regarding the television. It seems that if the television is on, his brain goes on vacation and he enters this void where he can't think about anything but the TV. So annoying! But, when he is encouraged to do other things such as build with Legos, or read a book, he doesn't seem to miss the TV! And cool hair on Collin. In the summer I cut my stepson's hair into a mohawk and he loves it!!

    -Carrie Armstrong

    ReplyDelete