Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mommy and Owen Weekend

It's been awhile. Since I've last posted we have celebrated my birthday, Mother's Day, and our wedding anniversary. Nothing too fancy for any of them; we're pretty low-key. Timothy and I did get to go out for an evening by ourselves which is a rare treat. We saw Thor (awesome!) and went to dinner. It's always nice to hang out for a bit on our own.

This last weekend Collin and Timothy went on an overnight adventure to San Marcos to visit Inner Space Caverns. Collin was really excited to stay at a hotel. They had a great time and ate junk food and drank soda. I think the best story from that trip was when Collin drank an entire can of Dr Pepper on the drive down and shortly after started yelling that he really needed to go pee BAD!

Owen and I stayed home and also had lots of junk food! We visited grandparents in the morning. Then we went to Sonic and Owen had a fun time sitting in the front seat to eat.


And sitting on my lap. This is his "super cheese" smile.



We also went to Chuck E Cheese's and played some games, but he didn't want to stay too long. He was getting a bit overwhelmed after about 20 minutes. But I still think he had a blast!




Then we went to McDonald's for dinner because that's one of the 2 places he will eat and we had already hit up Sonic. I was grateful that they have good salads on the menu because I couldn't handle more heavy food in one day.



Of course we got ice-cream too!



That night I thought I'd give Owen a treat and let him stay up late. He always goes right to sleep at bed time which is 8:30, so I didn't think he would stay up too late. WRONG! I got him all ready for bed and we set up on the couch with pillows and blankets. An hour and a half later and he's still jumping up to dance with Mickey Mouse. We went to bed about 10:30 and he finally crashed at 10:45. Wow. Maybe I won't try that again soon.

Sunday morning we slept in until 7:00 and that was only because the cat decided it was time to get up and started screaming at us. So to continue with the junk food we went to our local donut shop for breakfast. Owen loves to go there and look through the case to pick which donut he wants.

Dad and Collin came home around lunch time and we all got back to normal. It was a good weekend.

Collin will be graduating from Pre-K this Friday. I'm so excited! We are going to have a little party at Cici's Pizza then head over to his school. He has informed me that he will be singing a song for the graduation. By himself. With a microphone. I'm going to cry. If Timothy manages to get it on video I will try to post it here for you all to see.

Lastly, Collin has not had a haircut since December and he's getting shaggy! He wants his hair to be as long as mine. (not gonna happen) We are trying to be open-minded parents and let him grow it out. I'll be happy when we can get past the awkward stage and get his hair to behave. Here's a pic from last night and his first real pony tail.

2 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute pictures of Owen! Love that little guy. Now I want ice cream, though...can you and I have a junk food day some time? On second thought, I'd hate to ruin what you've got going. You are lookin' good, 'Neet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks, Sa! I can still eat junk food, just not everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete