Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Good News

On October 25th Daddy was moved to another temporary psychiatric hospital because he was acting out aggressively again towards the staff of the nursing home. The administrator was incredibly nice about the whole thing. He said he wanted to get Dad's meds sorted out before it got to be too out of control. They promised me that his room would be waiting for him when he was ready to come back. He was moved to Arlington and stayed for 13 days. When I called to check on him a day before he was set to be transferred back to the nursing home the nurse gave me the incredible news that he had started walking again! : D Apparently the doctors were able to find a good combination for his meds and it has really made a big difference. I went to see him at the nursing home last Wednesday which was his first day back. He recognized me right away! I've been back twice since then and he's known me each time. He doesn't know my name, but he knows I'm his daughter. He's walking a little, which is wonderful, but I'm more happy that he knows me again. When it was time to leave the other day I told him to try hard not to forget me again. He said that he sure would try because I'm his favorite person and he doesn't ever want to forget me again. I'm cautiously optimistic, but as of right now - today - I have my Daddy back a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. This IS good news! I'm so thankful you have found a good place to help you take care of him.

    ReplyDelete