Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pot Pie

During a high school lunch break in 1995, somehow the topic of conversation turned to what we all had eaten for breakfast. Back then meals were pretty much a fend for yourself type of affair at my house, so my breakfast of choice that day had been a microwave chicken pot pie. It seemed sensible at the time. Timothy thought this was ridiculous and teased me about it. It has been brought up a few times over the years.

If only I had a time machine. I would have blown his little 15 year old mind by telling him in 17 years not only would we be married with two children but he would be eating turkey pot pie for breakfast! As of today, he can no longer make fun of me. :P

I made a yummy turkey pot pie last night with leftover Thanksgiving turkey. It was the first time I made it and I was pretty happy with how it turned out, but I think I have ideas on how to make it better next time. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Protein and vegetables... what's the problem?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a chicken pot pie. I had turkey pot pie. Of course I can make fun of you, we didn't have the same meal.

    ReplyDelete