Monday, August 30, 2010

Hayden and Owen

See I told you not to trust me! I was way off about how the heart surgery will be done and it's not good news. It's way invasive and you don't want to know. Sweet Hayden will have surgery tomorrow (Tuesday) so please keep those prayers coming! I was able to go visit him for the first time today. He looks so perfect and big and healthy. If he wasn't hooked up to so much equipment you wouldn't know that anything was wrong.
Here is a picture of the little guy:


Now I'll tell you what Owen has been up to: getting too big! This morning he asked me for a banana. No big deal right? WRONG! He has never called it a banana before; it has always been a 'nina' or a 'nanny'. That one quick word made me realize that he is really getting so big. He's only been 2 for a couple of weeks and he's already moved on to using the proper word banana. He also seems to be a bit more fearless and daring, which is not a good thing. He was up on mommy and daddy's bed tonight and started walking around. He laughed and tried to run away from me when I reached for him and thought it was a game. After deciding that chasing him was probably not the best idea, I stood there watching him for a few seconds and telling him to sit down then he fell right off the bed! He wasn't hurt at all, just a little shocked. So I think this was a good lesson to show him what can happen when you stand up on the bed and I'm sure he must be too scared to try that again. Nope. He pops right up and asks me to help him get back up on the bed. Little toot! Then no more than 45 minutes later he apparently thinks it would be a good idea to climb on the couch. I was in the other room and I'm not sure exactly what happened but he was crying and spent 3 minutes telling me about how the couch hurt him. Again, he was not hurt but I think he got the point that time. I'm sure he will start fresh tomorrow and look for something else to climb on or jump off of.

Owen and Dodo in their rocket ships! Owen pretty much refuses to wear clothes and just wears a diaper unless we have to leave the house. He is just a free spirit!

2 comments:

  1. 3 2 1 blast off! Owen is so cute. The cat looks very, um, patient. :0) Saying a prayer for Hayden.

    ReplyDelete