Monday, September 6, 2010

Give thanks with a grateful heart

There are times in life when I rediscover how much I have to be thankful for and this past week has been one of those times. My family has witnessed God's awesome power as he guided doctors and nurses and saved my tiny baby cousin's life. It kinda puts everything into perspective and makes me want to count my blessings. It seems like there is always something to complain about, but this week I'm having a hard time thinking of anything.

Of course the obvious one is that I'm thankful for the health of myself, Timothy and our boys. Owen had his 2 year-old check up this week and not only is he in perfect shape, but he didn't even cry when he got his immunization shot! That was a first for either of the boys. I always feel so guilty when I have to hold them down and I know what is about to happen and they don't. I told him he was going to have a "little owie" and he said it back to me, "yittle owie." Then he just got all excited about the Elmo band-aid and kept showing it off. In my book, not crying over shots is definitely something to be grateful for.

Yesterday, I was eating breakfast and I realized that my food was almost all given to us! I had a bagel with home-made peach jam from my Aunt Joyce (SO yummy!) and banana bread from my sweet Mom-in-law (also very yummy!). Then I realized how awesome it is to be able to have a pantry and fridge full of food to choose from. I know many people are not so blessed.

So I could go on forever about how everything is wonderful. I'm so grateful to have our house, cars, jobs, etc. I hope all of you have something to be thankful for today, or many things! Happy Labor day!

No comments:

Post a Comment