Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lunch Date

Collin was supposed to go to the dentist today, but they called yesterday and had to reschedule because we were a couple weeks short of the 6 month mark since his last visit and they were afraid insurance wouldn't cover it. His appointment was in the middle of the day and I told him that I would come pick him up from school (daycare) and we would go to the dentist then to lunch and he would be back at school by nap time and I wouldn't miss a whole day of work. When I informed him last night that we had to change the appointment he was actually disappointed, so I promised him that I would still come take him to lunch. That was me making promises to make him feel better before I thought about this remnant of a tropical storm that was hovering over us today and flooding everything in sight. If you live in the DFW area you know what I'm talking about. It's been raining like crazy for 2 days now. Luckily, when 11:00 rolled around today I didn't even need my umbrella. Of course Collin wanted to go to McDonald's.... do 4 year olds know any other restaurants? I hooked him up with his chicken mcnuggets and we sat on the big stools at the counter which was so fun for him.

He is just getting so big! While we were eating it started pouring again, which was good because it reinforced why we could not go outside in the play area. He ate all his food down to the last fry so since I was already spoiling him......


I got him an ice cream sundae! I just love the look on his face. :) You can also see his new Aquaman toy there. I think that foot-long spoon they gave us was supposed to be for some other frozen treat, but it did the job. By the time he was done with the ice cream the rain had almost stopped again and we went back to school. All his friends were all over him asking where he went and I was really glad I made him leave Aquaman in the car. Then I had to go back to work and I really didn't want to.
The daycare is less than a mile from my work and after this trip went so smoothly it has got me thinking that I might should do this more often. If we hurried a bit I could even fit it into my lunch hour without taking extra time off. I can't wait for Owen to be able to take little trips with me like this too. Right now he is still at the point that if he sees me for a few minutes and doesn't get to go home with me it is the end of the world so I don't want to add to his stress. After this year Collin will be in real school and I won't be able to go get him whenever I feel like it to go out and have fun with me so I suppose I should enjoy it while I can.
Speaking of the little O-man.... here is a short video of him brushing his teeth:


Don't worry, I brushed for him first, but sometime he like to follow up after I'm done.
Thanks for sharing part of our day!

2 comments:

  1. You do such a great job juggling working full time while ably raising two wonderful little boys AND taking off at lunch to take Collin to McD's. And that ice cream sundae is making me hungry, even with the weird, long spoon...seriously what could that possibly be for? Super sized yogurt parfait?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks, Sa! Yeah, I have no idea about that spoon.

    ReplyDelete