Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lucy, I've got some splainin' to do

I have been asked more than once now about the title of my blog, and here I was thinking it was plain as day, so I suppose I had better lay it out for ya'll. Since this is about my family (mostly) I tried to describe us in a way that no one else had yet claimed on the blogspot internets: Three guys, Timothy, Collin and Owen versus one girl, hello, that's me! That is the 3 to 1 explanation and as for the web address, I couldn't come up with any way of writing the title that wasn't already taken so I added a 4 in front because it's like a countdown. 4, 3, 2, 1 blastoff! And who doesn't think countdowns are fun? Ok, right after I wrote that I realized quite a few ways that countdowns could be really horrible and instead of just taking out that sentence I decided to just let each of you think of an example of good and bad countdowns for your homework. It's fun to use your imagination... except when it's not. Oh dear...... Here are a couple of pictures of my guys:



I'm out-numbered and I realize this will only get worse as the boys get older and graduate from sweet little boys into smelly, disgusting, messy, bigger boys. When I went to the hospital for my pre-operation prep stuff with Owen's scheduled c-section, one of the nurses saw Collin and asked if we were getting a girl this time. I answered no and she gave me this look like she was so sorry for me. She said, "Oh Honey, my best friend has four boys plus her husband and when you walk into that house it just smells like one big fart." So, now that I have been warned about my future, I plan to enjoy the (mostly) fart-free atmosphere of our home for as long as it lasts. And I'm also planning to stock up on Fabreze for when that time comes.

Last night (Thursday) was Collin's first T-ball practice and I think he loved it! He wore his Texas Rangers Kinsler jersey that he has been saving all week for practice. When the coach asked his name Collin said "I'm Ian Kinsler!" and then the coach called him Kinsler the rest of the night which Collin has no problem answering to. Collin was a little nervous at first, but he got over it pretty quickly and before long he had become the team's cheerleader. Every time he saw someone bat, catch or throw the ball he was right there with a loud "Good job!", "Great catch!" or "Good throw!" He even complimented the coach when he caught the ball. Cheeky! And when someone missed the ball he would yell "Almost got it!" He really is quite the optimist. :)




Today was lunch date #2 for Collin and I. I told him that we can't afford to go have lunch at McDonald's every week, but I could still come take him out if he wanted. I made us peanut butter sandwiches and took him to the park. (Thanks for the idea, Mom) I thought it would be kinda lame especially since I'm not the biggest fan of PBJ sandwiches, but it was actually really nice. It took him all of 5 minutes to eat his sandwich and pretzels and then we were off to the swings. We got to play for about 20 minutes before we had to head back which was just about perfect since it was warm today. Now I know that I can indeed take him out and make it back to work within my hour time limit so that's pretty cool. I can't wait for Owen to get big enough to go too.



On a completely random note I listened to the audio book A Long Walk to Freedom the autobiography of Nelson Mandela. Two thoughts: 1. that guy was and is awesome and 2. the National Anthem of South Africa is really beautiful when sung in the native language and you should all go Google it and have a listen.

4 comments:

  1. It's the final countdown...

    And it was the ultrasound tech that made the fart comment, not at the hospital, no matter how much you're sitting right next to me arguing with me. >:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, it was at the hospital! But either way it's still funny. :P
    Is the final countdown your good one or bad one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I totally got the blog title. I have another friend with two little boys (one named Collin also!) and her blog is something similar. And though your house will probably smell worse in 10 years, there will be a lot less screeching and fighting over the bathroom than there will be at my two-girl house in 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethany, you always were a clever one. I'm glad someone understood the title. I can certainly do without the screeching. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete