Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oh, my silly Owen

Owen is getting so big and he is changing everyday. He is trying more and more to do everything "yike Bubba" and "by self". Today his new thing is to fall down (on purpose) and then say, "I'm otay!" We all think it's pretty funny and cute so he keeps doing it and we keep laughing. I have noticed that when he actually falls or bumps his head or any other kind of minor injury he doesn't complain nearly as much as he did even a couple of weeks ago. He used to always run over for kisses and cuddles for any kind of owie, but now he will often just keep playing. I catch myself starting to go over to him but before I get there he is off again like it never happened. Oh well, at least he isn't driving yet.

I have always thought that Collin just got more fun as he got older so I wasn't as sad when it happened. I think because I also knew that I wanted another child so I knew I would get to do it all over again. But it's a bit different with Owen because he's the baby I guess. Still, I'm looking forward to him growing and being able to do more things.

For example, I will not be sad to see the diapers go. He is going to be stubborn about the whole potty training thing too. He totally freaks out if I even suggest trying to go to the potty! He has his little potty chair that he will occasionally try out and a little potty seat to go on the toilet that he even picked out himself that he has never used. He will not even consider the toilet because it's "Bubba's potty". I can hear you all now with your thoughts of he is too little and don't force the poor thing, but I'm telling you that the kid knows when he needs to go. He tells me all the time, "Mommy, need new diaper. Me go pee-pee." I think if he can say that then he could use the potty. Oh well, I'm not going to push it too much yet.... but I'm also not going to play this game too much longer either.

Here is a picture from last night.... Owen and Collin were playing in their rooms and he just came out like this:

"Mommy, yook me!" Awesome! He has his Spiderman undies on over his diaper, so cute! It is really hard to keep clothes on that boy. He knows how to undress himself pretty well and will do so at the drop of a hat. We are always asking him if he would like a shirt or pants and he will say in his little sing-song voice "Noooooo. Just diaper!" We don't mind him running around like that most of the time but pretty soon it's going to be cold and that may cause a problem. I had to wrestle him into his pj's tonight because he just wanted to sleep in his diaper. The last couple of mornings he has been like an ice cube when he wakes up and that bothers me even if it doesn't bother him.

A couple of nights ago when I was putting him to bed I asked what song he wanted to sing. Normally he like Jesus Loves Me (Jesus) or You Are My Sunshine (Sun-sign). Instead of the faithful favorites he decided to go with Happy Birthday. Okay, sure.... who should we sing happy birthday to? "Um, chocolate milk." You want to sing happy birthday to chocolate milk? "Yeah. And pancake!" So that is how the new tradition began and we have spent the last several nights singing "happy birthday dear chocolate milk and pancake" and he loves it every time! I love that my boys are creative and like to imagine. It just doesn't get better than that. :)

Here is another picture, again with no shirt... he likes to be my helper in the kitchen and you just can't be a helper without sitting on the counter.

I think that is all I have for tonight. Don't forget to cheer on the Rangers for their first game of the playoffs tomorrow. I don't know who decided that the games needed to be in the middle of the day, but that person is really lame. I'm thankful that my job allows me to listen to my earphones as I work so I can keep up with the game, but I was really looking forward to watching it.

3 comments:

  1. I heard a story on the news this morning about low productivity during March Madness, and Rangers playoff games (good thing that one doesn't happen often...). Now get to work!

    Cute pictures of Owen. Those boys have so much personality. It is a lot of fun to watch them grow and finally find words for what they think about the world, but it goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete