Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fa la la la wow it's quiet in here

Collin and Owen spent last night with their Memaw and G-da (Timothy's parents) and we got to enjoy a quiet house and watch grown-up movies. Collin especially has been dying to stay over with the grandparents for awhile now. This was my first night away from Owen and I think only number six for Collin and that includes two nights I was in the hospital after having Owen. I held up much better than I thought I would. :) Timothy's office had a Christmas party last night and so we would have had to get a sitter anyway so it worked out well that they were able to go stay. It's Sunday morning now and we will go get them after nap time today. This was the first time in forever that we have both gotten to sleep as late as we wanted. I still woke up at 7 this morning, but then realized I didn't have to be up and slept till about 8:30. That's REALLY late for us. We went out to IHOP for breakfast. It's nice to have some kid-free time, especially in the car. It's been very quiet.

I spent a couple hours last night wrapping presents and watching Ocean's Eleven and an episode of original series Star Trek. I have officially gotten presents for all the kids that we need to buy for. It's hard to know where to draw the line, but there it is. I suppose if I only see your kids a couple times a year I don't need to buy the presents, right? Isn't is amazing how quickly Christmas turns from being a celebration of God's gift of His son into stressing about whose feelings will be hurt and what to buy for whom? I am thankful that there are only a couple of people in my life that don't appreciate the true meaning of gift-giving and are incredibly hard to buy for on our budget. Most people in my family and my close friends would be overjoyed to receive anything in the spirit of Christmas even if it's just a hand-made ornament or cookies. 

2 comments:

  1. 8:30 is sleeping in? That's when I get up most mornings. ;)I love date nights and I'm jealous that you have family close by! Sounds like you had fun.

    I hear you about Christmas, money, gift expectations, etc. Yuck. We're hosting "Nowell Christmas" at our house next week with Rex and family and the in-laws, and I have yet to find a lamp with a genie that will provide money for presents. I'm going to have to get creative. It's the only time of year that we're all together under one roof, so I'm going to enjoy having everyone here.

    I love your blog Janet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Niki. I love your blog too! I'm sure you guys will have a blast with your Nowell family Christmas.

    ReplyDelete