Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sunday 12/19/10 Putt-Putt

On Sunday, while Owen and Timothy were taking a nap, I decided to take Collin to Putt-Putt! He has never been before and has told me several times recently that he would like to play golf. When we first walked in I think his mouth fell open a little bit. He was completely in awe of all the flashing lights and video games. It's kind of like a big-kid version of Chuck E Cheese's. I had to drag him past all the cool games to get to the golf section. I think his mouth fell open again when we got outside and he saw the bumper boats and go carts and other rides. Today was just for golf and video games, but we will definitely have to come back again. I should also mention that he was really sad that Owen couldn't come with us. I tried to explain that 2 years old is not quite big enough to play golf, but we will bring Owen when he gets a little older.

He did really well with the golf after I showed him how to hold the putter. He was a little shy about it at first and would just barely tap the ball, but it didn't take him long to get into it.







After we finished the golf game I was happy to get inside because it was a bit chilly that day. I got us $10 in tokens and we started spending! I guess I must have been spoiled by the aforementioned Chuck because all his games are just one token each. Not so with this place. Some of the games require 12 tokens! Are you kidding me?! So we tried to stick to the ones that only needed one or two and it worked out because those were more on his level anyway. We ended up with loads of tickets, about 400 or so, and he got to pick out a few toys for prizes. The first things he picked out were two identical bouncy balls so he could give one to Owen. (Best big brother ever!)

When all the tickets were spent we headed over for a game of mini bowling. It's mini for adults, but Collin has never been bowling either and it was still pretty hard for him. The ball is just a solid rock with no finger holes that an adult can easily fit this into the palm of their hand, but not Collin. Plus the thing was probably 8 lbs or so. But of course he figured out a way and had a blast! He just set it on the ground and gave it a push. There were bumpers so no gutter balls, but he really didn't even need them much. It took a good long while for the ball to get to the pins, but he knocked over several of them each time.






So all in all it was a great trip and we can't wait to go again and take Owen!

No comments:

Post a Comment