Monday, December 20, 2010

Oh what fun it is....

Is everyone ready for Christmas? I've been having a blast the past few days staying home with my family. I have a 11 days off from work (that just may be a record if you don't count maternity leave) and I'm determined to make it fun, productive and just a tad bit relaxing. My first day off was Friday and I finished all the shopping. I know I said I was done before but I had to wait for a day that Timothy would be out so I could go get his present and wrap it. He's a sneaky one and I can't just hide things in a closet when he's around. :)

Also, on Friday was the boys' Christmas party at daycare. I wasn't sure if I should go into Owen's class to visit him or not because I didn't want to upset him when I left without taking him with me, but he actually did great. When he saw me with my jacket on he insisted on putting his on too even though I took mine off and told him we were not leaving. I think he just like wearing the hood, or as he calls it "my hat". I went back and forth a couple of times between the classes to visit with both kids. They had a special lunch and a book gift exchange. Collin got a level 2 book from a friend for his gift and he can read almost the whole thing by himself. I'm SO proud of his reading! Owen got a Little Golden Book about going to the beach. It's a brand new book, but the first copyright was from 1951 and it shows pictures of the little tents on the beach for the changing rooms and a rope to hold on to as you wade out into the water. Such a cute little history book. Haha! I ended the afternoon with a killer headache which pretty much ruined the rest of my day. I think it was all the 2-year-olds banging their books on the table that did it, but they sure were having fun.

Saturday was a really fun day! We started early by going to Build A Bear at the mall. We wanted to avoid the crowds so we were there before they even opened. This trip was mostly supposed to be a present for Owen because he loves stuffed animals, but as it turned out I think Collin had more fun. Owen was  a bit turned off by the all the floppy unstuffed animals and it took him forever to decide which one he wanted. He finally picked a gray kitty and Collin picked a bunny. The bunny Collin picked is exactly the same bunny that their grandparents gave to Owen when he was a baby. Owen's is named O.O. Jr, and Collin decided to call his Freddy. Of course Owen couldn't pick a name for his cat (I think he was a bit overwhelmed) and since I was helping him and I have little imagination we just called him Kitty. They have both really enjoyed playing with their new friends, but especially Collin. He loves that Freddy. I was pleasantly surprised that it was only $26 total for both of the critters; I was expecting twice that.  We just may have to do this again when Owen is a bit older and understands it more.



After the mall, the boys and I went to visit the Wiethoffs and do our gift exchange. The kids had a great time and as always it seemed the visit was too short. Since we live 45 minutes apart we don't get to see each other as often as we would like. The kids raked leaves and jumped into the pile. It was pretty awesome. Cooper was the great at raking the leaves while the others were jumping.






Sadie was a bit scared to jump into the leaves. She really is a very prim and proper little lady. So she wanted
Mommy (Sally) to hold her hand the first couple of times.

My mom (Mimi) came over and joined us for pizza Saturday evening. The boys just love when she comes to play. Of course we watched an episode of Star Trek because that's just what Nowell's do when they eat pizza. This time it was Next Gen. There is a cute picture of Collin and Mimi snuggling on the couch watching Star Trek, but I can't figure out how get it from Facebook :( so you can try this link: http://tinyurl.com/2bflder 


Well there was lots more fun stuff that happened on Sunday and Monday, but this is already way too long, so I will just have to write again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh...well would you look at that. A picture of me. I, um...can't tell you how happy that makes me. No. Really.

    We really missed you guys after you left. We need to plan another getaway together with the fams. That was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I thought you would like that. It was the best one I got of Sadie and you look cute too. Don't worry... no one ever reads this thing anyway.
    Yes yes! We must get with the getting away. Hmmm where to go?

    ReplyDelete