Thursday, December 23, 2010

Monday 12/20/10 Picnic!

Monday we had really nice weather. If you live in Texas you know that the weather changes often and unless it's Summer then you never know what you're gonna get. (Our Summer is from May through September and it's just HOT!) It was in the 70's on Monday and so I decided if the weather was going to act like it was Spring then so should we. We went to play at the park and have a picnic! As soon as we got there and I turned them loose they ran right for the rock wall.


Collin couldn't make it all the way up, but that didn't stop either of them from trying. Owen was determined to be a big kid.

Owen gave me a few heart attacks and this ladder thing was one of them! Except for when I took this picture, I was holding my hands under him every time he crawled up here. He fell through once, but didn't let go and just hung there till I lifted him back up.

This slide was another heart attack. The thing is huge! Collin went up with him every time to make sure Owen was sitting down. They are such boys!


Just because Owen had to sit down on the slide didn't mean Big Brother had to! Collin is a monkey!


Silly faces! Can you believe I made them take 3 pictures like this one on the bridge and this was the best one I got?! Click the picture to make it bigger.

After the park we had to stop by the grocery store. There is a brand new Albertson's by our house and and that means one thing if you are a little boy : Coolest grocery carts ever!

They have a play car attached to the front of the shopping basket so the kids can 'drive' their way through the store. It's like trying to steer a limo for me because the contraption is extra long, but it's worth it because they have so much fun.

After nap time we made cookies! (Can you tell yet that I'm trying to make my vacation week extra fun?) First we made chocolate chip cookies with M&M's added by the boys. Then we made sugar cookies with sprinkles. Owen got a bit carried away with the sprinkles and some of the cookies are caked in them. It's pretty awesome!

Those are two sweet boys!

2 comments:

  1. That is very cute!! They are truly boys! My son would fit right in with those 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carrilynn! Boys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete